It feels a little bit silly writing a post about this project–I had a little scrap of paper left over from one of my recent paintings, and I don’t like to waste things, so I made a little bookmark!
Even though it was an easy project, and took less than 10 minutes for me to do, I wanted to share it with all of you. I think that it would make a really fun gift for any book-lover, and you could really put a lot into making bookmarks. You could definitely get more creative than I did! It might be fun to use some pretty scrapbook papers to doll it up a little bit…
DIY: 5 Minute Bookmark
- Cardstock or a heavier-weighted paper
- Paper, markers, stickers, glitter, or any other craft supplies that you might want to use!
1. Decide on the size of your bookmark. I made a very skinny and long bookmark, mostly because I used a leftover scrap, but I actually really love the look of it–something about it is very dainty!
2. Decorate your paper. I used Sharpie markers to create a simple hearts pattern, and I like the way it turned out. I think it would be fun to make a more intricate bookmark next time, with a more creative pattern.
3. Start reading (so that you can show off your new DIY bookmark, of course)! I checked out 4 new books from the library this week, because I can’t control myself in the library, and I’ll let you know what I think of them. What have you been reading lately?