If you know me, you probably laughed out loud at that title. “Kelly, welcoming winter? Ha!” you probably scoffed.
I’m not the biggest supporter of winter. Although I love skiing and appreciate the beauty of freshly fallen snow, I am definitely more of a summer girl at heart. I think it has something to do with the fact that I get pretty seasonally affected–I have a really hard time dealing with the cold, gray-ness of winter. I need a lot of sunshine in my life!
But even though I might not love winter with all my heart, there are always good things to look forwards to. I’m desperately excited to be able to head home for winter break and see my family–it’s been a really hard thing for me to be so far away! I’m really looking forwards to being home and spending time with my fam.
Here are some of my favorite finds from Pinterest lately:
1. These DIY citrus coasters would make a festive and amazing gift for any season
2. I’ve been dreaming of these Lacrosse waterproof shoes for a while now…
3. These pretty dolled-up dresser drawers would make any room feel instantly warmer
4. This pink coat is amazing
5. I hardly ever drink, but the last couple times I’ve gone out with friends I’ve ordered G&T, which is my new favorite drink. This gin fizz looks like a yummy alternative!
It sounds like the East Coast is getting hit with another polar vortex this week (it’s so cold here this weekend!) so I’m going to try to stay bundled up. I’m trying to get a space heater for my bedroom so that I don’t get so cold while I’m studying–these old houses are neat but the heat sure doesn’t work that well!
Stay warm out there!