If you’re anything like me, you think about gift ideas year round (for birthdays, holidays, etc.). Sometimes you just get this crazy good idea for a gift for a specific person, and it’s really fun to make it happen! My problem is that I get so excited, that I have a really hard time keeping the gift a secret–I just want to give it to the person so badly! As a kid, I remember talking to my dad and blurting out (accidentally, of course) what we’d gotten him at the store for Christmas. My mom was so mad! In the end, it all worked out–my dad pretended that I hadn’t ruined the secret, and my mom still reminds me every year not to tell. Even though I’m 22, I still get really excited and I have to be really conscious about what I’m saying around the holidays.
I’m starting this little mini-series called “Gifting” to round up some of my favorite ideas for giving gifts. I’ll try to do as many as I can before the holidays (no promises, this time of year is pretty busy with school!).
Today’s “Gifting” theme is gifts that you can sew for people. I personally love sewing Christmas gifts, and I’m sad that I won’t be able to do that for my friends this year since my sewing machine is a few states away. In the past, I’ve sewn some cute little drawstring bags for my friends, some pretty decorative pillows, and a paintbrush scroll, and I’ve loved creating a unique gift for each person. Here are some ideas I think would make great gifts this season (or anytime!):
1. Animal Tote Bag – this one is from ASOS, but would be easy to replicate with any animal you choose!
2. These dog silhouette pillows would be fun to personalize, and they would make a really special gift!
3. I made some reusable produce bags last year and absolutely love them, so I think they’d make great gifts. Plus, they’re easy to make a lot of them at once!
4. These little cosmetic bags would make great gifts for your girlfriends (or pencil bags for anybody!).
5. How adorable are these little bear bags? I think they’d make a fun gift for any age, but it would be fun to make them for kiddos that you know!
Those are some of my favorite ideas for sewing gifts – I hope to share some more fun gift ideas soon! Are you making any DIY gifts for the holidays this year? I’d love to hear about them.