I’m finishing up my summer semester this week, and I’m so happy to be able to go home for my summer vacation. It’s kind of my last official summer before I enter “the real world” so I’m excited to spend some time just relaxing and doing fun things. In typical fashion, I’ve come up with a few loose goals to help me make the most of my time this summer.
1. Updating my resume — This is kind of a boring goal, but I think it’s so much easier to update it every few months rather than waiting until you need it.
2. Start a photo album — I’ve had the most amazing time in Pittsburgh for grad school, and my grad school adventures are far from over. Next spring, I’ll be traveling to other states for my full-time internships, and I want to have a physical photo album/scrapbook all about my grad school experience.
3. Do some serious sewing — I’m not entirely sure what I’ll be making yet, but I do have some ideas that I want to try out. I’d also love to start experimenting with sewing clothing, but we’ll see. Might be above my skill level!
4. Downsize — The last 5 years have been hard, because I’ve had 2 homes (my home at school, and my parents house). So I have a lot of stuff back at my parents house that I haven’t used since high school that I need to get rid of. I want to de-clutter my bedroom, donate some clothes, and get rid of things I don’t need.
5. Handmade stationary — I love giving people handmade cards for birthdays, thank you notes, and everything in between. But I know that the next year of my life is going to be pretty chaotic, and I won’t have time to make cards. So, I want to make some pretty multi-purpose stationary that I can give to friends in a pinch.
Those are some of my goals for this summer! I find that setting goals helps me be more productive and organized, and I tend to get more done when I have some sort of structure. What are you excited to work on/accomplish this summer?