I’m not one for making New Year’s resolutions. The word “resolution” just has this negative connotation to it, don’t you think? Maybe it’s just me… So, I don’t make resolutions. BUT as you all probably know, I do love to make goals, and there’s something refreshing and inspiring about a brand new year. Starting another year always pushes me to reflect on how my life is going on a day-to-day basis, and I like to make little goals for myself. I’m always pushing myself towards positivity and finding happiness in every day, and I’m ready for the new opportunities and challenges 2017 has to offer.
Here are my goals for this fresh new year:
- Send more birthday cards: I always love receiving mail, and I know how special it makes me feel when I get a birthday card from a friend or family member. I really want to send my friends lovely little handmade birthday notes this year! It’s a simple but very meaningful way to tell the people I love how special they are!
- Spend more free time “hobbying:” with grad school taking up most of my time for the last couple of years, I really want to make my hobbies more of a priority again. I’ve missed sewing and painting, I love letting my creative energy just flow.
- Travel to Europe: more specifically, Paris, France. I’ve never been to Europe before, but my wanderlust is so real. One of the most important things in my life is traveling, and I’m so excited to visit Paris with my family next fall. I’m trying my best to learn French!
- Meet friends in my new city: having just moved to the SF bay area, I don’t have any friends yet here (other than the amazing people I work with!). I really want to meet some new friends here this year, to really establish my life here.
- Eat at a new restaurant at least once a month: I’ve just moved to the area, and it’s got some really great restaurants. It’s such a diverse community with an amazing variety of eateries, and I’m slowly building a list of my favorites! But it’s easy for me to fall into a comfy pattern of eating at just a couple places over and over. So I want to keep myself trying new restaurants as much as possible!
So there you go, a few goals I’ve made for myself for 2017! Do you have any goals?
*Side note: I just checked my inbox and have finally sorted through all of the messages! Sorry for the long wait on those responses. I am going to get better at checking them on a regular basis, I promise!*