It’s been a while since I wrote a Picks from Pinterest post! So here goes, the first one of 2016, here are some of my recent pins:
- This leopard bread is gorgeous.
- I love the idea of hanging a gallery wall in the bathroom.
- This orange sweater pairs perfectly with a black + white midi skirt.
- It would be amazing to decorate a party with these DIY paper stars.
- Delicate jewelry makes me so happy, and this cactus necklace is no exception.
- Pink is my favorite color, and this dusty rose is going on my dream-home list.
December is finally here, and I’m getting so excited to wrap up the semester and get home to see my family. Finals are going to be really hard, but it’ll be worth it to finish strong and start a new chapter in my life.
Here are some things I’ve pinned lately…
- I have major heart-eyes for these asymmetrical rings.
- Feathers are beautiful, and they’re back in a big way this winter
- This berry crisp with oatmeal cookie crumble is almost too pretty to eat. Almost.
- These simple gold centerpieces would be special for any party
- I’m really inspired by these pretty geometric lights
- These Madewell leopard booties are what dreams are made of, similar here
- I’ve added this beautiful glass beach to my dream travel list
Happy December, everyone!
The first day of Fall was last week, and I have to say that I’m ready for the new season. I love the crispy air, leaves on the ground, and of course pulling out all of my sweaters and jeans (yay!). To celebrate the start of Fall, I’m sharing some of my recent Picks from Pinterest.
- This oxblood weekender is amazing.
- I have major heart-eyes emoji for these ASOS flare jeans.
- These DIY baby headbands are very cute, I almost want to make one for myself!
- Halloween life goals (if I’m ever part of a couple on Halloween!)
- In LOVE with these yellow chairs. Love.
- Lulie Wallace is my favorite painter. Everything she does is amazing.
- Gorgeous turquoise earrings.
I haven’t been on Pinterest that much this summer, and I’ve definitely missed it. Is that sad? It feels kind of sad…but I love Pinterest, I just can’t help it! But it’s almost fall, which is my favorite season for fashion, so you can bet I’ll be browsing Pinterest much more now for inspiration.
Here are some of my recent pins.
- Love this pom-pom bedspread.
- This messy lob is just the perfect style for fall.
- These watermelon mojitos look so refreshing.
- How fun are these DIY cactus pincushions?
- I’m still loving midi skirts. This one is an adorable print!
- These tips for adding personality to a rental are really helpful.
As a grad student, I’m still pretty far from having “my own place” that I can decorate and tailor the way I want to. I’ll probably be renting for what feels like the rest of eternity, so even when I do have “my own place” to call home, I won’t be able to make a whole lot of changes. But it’s still so much fun to dream of that elusive place — I have at least 3 Pinterest boards dedicated to home décor ideas, and I can’t wait to be able to use them one day.
But for now, I’m stuck dreaming. I thought it might be fun to share some of the home décor looks I’ve been drooling over with you! Click through the pictures to find the source.
1. Pops of color — I love the modern style, but sometimes it just feels too stark. I love bright, bold colors, and I think a little goes a long way.
2. Fun prints — I know they’re a little crazy, but how much fun would it be to have one of these in a small space?
3. Wood Walls — I love the way a wood accent wall cozies up a modern room. So pretty!
These are only a few of my favorite home trends, and I’ll absolutely share more with you all soon! What are your decorating dreams?
We finished up our spring finals last week, and launched right into our summer semester on Monday. It’s hard not to have a break in between semesters, but I’m feeling certain that summer is on its way, which helps a lot. The weather has gotten more humid, we’ve had a few storms and some rain, and the temperatures are starting to consistently hit the 60s and nearing the 70s now. Plus, the air is starting to smell like summer (I know that sounds kind of crazy, but it really does!).
With summer on it’s way, I’m dreaming of laying by the pool, farm markets, and making s’mores with my family’s backyard fire pit.
Here are some of my recent Picks from Pinterest:
1. These leopard oxfords are an absolute dream.
2. I’m already thinking I might bake this for my birthday this summer:
3. These Wearable Planters on etsy would make an amazing gift
4. I bought this dress a few weeks ago. It feels like the perfect transition piece from spring to summer:
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
I’m sure you’ve heard me say it (or scream it from the rooftops!) several times before, but I’m not really a winter person. I like when it snows and I love skiing, but I am much happier when the days are light and sunny and warm. So winter can be a pretty rough season for me to get through. This year has been even harder, because I’m adjusting to the constant-gray-skies of Pittsburgh (at least in CO, winter has some sunny days, too!).
Luckily, for the first time in my life, I’m going on a vacation during my spring break! I’m going somewhere sunny and warm–I can’t wait! It’s helping me get through this season.
Anyway, hopefully you’re dealing with winter better than I am. Here are some of my most recent Pinterest finds:
1. The cutest DIY Animal Mat — I could see making this in a larger size (and maybe making it a leopard or a bear) for myself!
2. Dreaming of my spring vacation with this adorable bikini
3. My inspiration for all of my outfits this month — gotta love a boyfriend jean + layers combo.
4. As soon as I have a home of my own (and a little more time), I’m making a teepee for myself.
5. These shoes!
6. I’ve been really drawn to animal prints this season (even more than usual!). This coat is perfect.
Those are some of the things I’ve been obsessing over this month. Hope it’s warm wherever you are (even if that means you’re curled up under blankets next to the space heater, like me!).